Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Mixed Media

My mediums for this project were watercolor pencils, tissue paper, photo transfer(tape) and pen.  The theme was Amusement.  I came up with this idea because I find cats playing with toys amusing.  Originally I had planned to put a piece of fabric looking like a cat toy in it's mouth, but that proved too hard to do.  A friend suggested polka dots when I was at a loss for the bacground- "Dots are amusing, right?"  I think the spotted background was the hardest to make.  I had to cut out little circles of tissue paper and then wet them down.  I'm proud of the cat, though it's way unproportional.  Front leg too low, neck too long- that kind of stuff.  I think if I could change something, it would be the cat.  However, I do like the markings.

No comments:

Post a Comment