Sunday, January 12, 2014

Book Art


I chose the theme nightmares and went with that.  Lots of people are afraid of snakes, and since I'd had recent encounters with snakes, I decided on that.  At first it was supposed to be a snake in a forest with a bush and a tree in the background.  Changed to grass with a tree in the background and a sun in the top right.  Sadly, there wasn't time to paint it or finish the tree, but it's better than I expected.  Having a pristine clear plan was extremely hard for me.  Spent too much time estimating how many pages I should do for each layer.  In the end, I just went with it.  Some of the problems faced were; messing up, time management, and inexperience.  When there was a mistake I just went with it.  Nothing's perfect.  It looks pretty good as is..  The original plan was to do a red snake with bright yellow eyes in a dark forest, then became a snake in a field. Showing it in a new light.  (Again, no paint..)  Getting sick of planning was a problem.  I just threw away the planning guide after a bit.  It couldn't have gone better, even though that was a terrible choice.  This looks great to me.  My first book art piece.  I'm proud of it and I will probably take it into my own hands to finish later.

No comments:

Post a Comment