Thursday, February 18, 2016

Dinobird Head










Here is my first project for Visual Arts - Proficient Honors (with all progress photos).  It started off as a drawing in my sketchbook that I had not planned to do anything with.  Mr. Sands saw this drawing and liked it and somehow it got to the point where I was sculpting a dinosaur bird head out of clay.  I'm very proud of how it turned out along with how little time it spent me to do this - it took less time than all the previous sculptures that I had done of a size like this.  I'm not sure what I am going to do next with this piece, but it was fun to make.  It is cracking in the back, so it might be glazed a little, or..  Whatever is suggested to be the best method to prevent it from falling apart.  That would be a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment