Saturday, September 21, 2013

Van Gogh Painting

Sarah Jakubowski
9/21/13
Sudkamp Kimberly, Period 4 Sculpture and Ceramics
Discovered Van Gogh Painting Hiding in Norweigan Attic for a Long Time
    The painting is of some bunch of trees and a river.  Is it popular because it was drawn by Van Gogh?  I don't know yet.  How did they know it was Van Gogh's painting?  Maybe I'll find out as I read.  They call it "absolutely sensational" or a "once in a lifetime experience".  I'm not really one for paintings.  It just looks like a forest that was smeared in some places to me.  This painting had been twice rejected as a Van Gogh painting, once by the Van Gogh museum itself.  This humors me.  The evidence of this being Van Gogh's painting was a letter to his brother, in which he gets all lengthy with his words.  He talked of the amazing sunshine - "absolutely a shower of gold" - and some other stuff that doesn't seem related to this picture.  "The field seems purple, the distances blue" ninety percent of this picture is green.  Was Van Gogh really off his rocker?  "You wouldn't have been at all surprised to see knights and ladies suddenly appear, returning from hunting with hawks, or to hear the voice of an old provençal troubadour."  I have no idea what the last two words mean.  But this seems unlikely, due to the fact that this is a forest, and there is no civilization in sight.  Why would knights be returning to a forest with a hawk?  Not to hunt.  Maybe to store their hawk in some cage which it will probably be found by a bear and devoured.  This will be displayed from September 24th and onwards.  I see what you did, Ms.  Sudkamp.  I see very well now.  Well, not very well.  My sight isn't 6/6.  I think.   Been a while since my last eye checkup thing.  Anyways, I'm very skeptical of this Van Gogh painting.  Not that I'm into what Van Gogh does.  Did he not sign any of his paintings?  How odd.    Resources: 
http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2013/sep/09/van-gogh-painting-discovered

No comments:

Post a Comment