Thursday, March 6, 2014

Look at that View



Artists Create Original Art
    I used my own ideas by; taking some reference pictures of snakes but ultimately drawing this from a different angle than most of the pictures and coming up with the idea for this drawing by myself.  My source of inspiration was a drawing of a house from an ant's view that I saw once.  It was really cool, and I thought about drawing a snake from a mouse's view. 
Artists Create Original Art
   The only new technique I learned while making this is how to incorporate color into a pencil drawing.  I might be getting better at shading smoothly.  I'm horrible at drawing smooth lines.
Artists Solve Problems
    I made a lot of mistakes so there was a lot of stopping and backtracking.  Did my best to finish it and correct all the mistakes.  It was really irritating to keep messing up.  Something unexpected was my almost complete inability to draw the scales - they were changing shape, getting out of line, scales would be misplaced, etc.  The grass in the front was unplanned, but it would look better with some grass in the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment