Thursday, May 22, 2014

Full Body Sketch





Artists Create Original Art
I used my own ideas by telling my person (Hannah) to stand with her head facing right. Then she struck a pose that was different than all the other poses, and I drew her.  I didn't have any inspiration for this.
Artists Develop Art Making Skills
Working on this made me realize that I draw the heads too big - way too big - and that I need to work on clothing folds more.  I spent a while on the jeans; they were hard to do.  Personally, I love charcoal, and working on a full-body scale with it was an interesting change.  It's a very good material.  The charcoal was fun and easy to use to draw this.
Artists Take Risks
I don't usually draw the bodies of humans, let alone on a realistic scale.  This was a little out of my league, but it was fun.  Proportions are a point that need to be worked on.  I picked charcoal - I don't usually use it - and it was really good.
Artists Solve Problems
The first time I tried to draw Hannah, she turned out looking heavier than she is.  The drawing definitely looked nothing like her.  I had to start over again because that attempt was horrible.  This one, the second one, is infinitely better than the first.  I'm glad I started over.

No comments:

Post a Comment