Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Self Portrait


 Artists Develop Art Making Skills
With this project, controlling the pencil and shading became easier.  I'm learning how to shade a face.  The nose still needs some work, though.  I've been drawing them too big and without enough shading.
Artists Take Risks
I wasn't too sure about drawing a human.  They're hard to draw, and the essence of life is almost impossible to capture.  Each person looks different, which makes it all the harder.  The media I used was a drawing pencil, which wasn't really a risk.
Artists Collaborate
I asked Mrs. Rossi and some of the people at my table about my art as I worked.  If it was too creepy, if the nose was too big..  With their help, I fixed some of the uncertain aspects of the drawing.  I'm glad I asked them for help.  Mrs. Rossi is slowly helping me understand how to put the lighting on a nose.
Artists Reflect
I stepped back to analyze a few times.  First, when the sketch was just made.  Second, when the face had just been shaded.  Third, when the cat was shaded.  I considered putting more fur on the cat, but that wouldn't have looked very good, and he isn't that fluffy, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment