Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Up Close and Personal

The theme was up close and personal.  My media was/were colored pencils.  Chose a rabbit because there had been lots of rabbits over the past few days and I wanted to see how well I could draw fur.  It was fun.  I emphasized the rabbit.  Maybe the eggs, too.  They all stand out.  Due to their bright colors, of course.  I chose colored pencils over the others because it seemed like a good idea, and the most interesting one.  It did not dissapoint.  Well, "interesting" might not be the key word.  Probably more "familiar" or "good to draw animals with".  The colored pencils enhance my piece by being my piece.  They make it colorful, give it contrast.  The background is uneven.  That's what I get for not wanting to accidently color the bunny's head.  Oops.  Ok, so you encourage risk taking.  That wasn't a question, though.  Yes, I took risks.  Almost messed up the eggs completely.  Thanks to the Primacolors for being able to layer.  Also I have never drawn an animal like this.  I don't mean rabbit.  Well, I haven't drawn a rabbit before like this.  But what I meant was that I haven't drawn an animal in this style before.  It doesn't even have outlines.  The rabbit looks like an alien.  I included technique, concept, and medium.  Who doesn't include medium?  Besides those people who make those blank canvases and sell them for tons of money.  I guess you could also say this is new.  Maybe emotion, too.  Maybe.  Probably not.  It was meant to be an easter bunny, but a normal bunny with eggs is fine too.  And that's pretty much it.

No comments:

Post a Comment