Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Sticky Situation




  My ideas for Sticky Situation began with thinking of various situations without a good ending one could get into.  For example, having a pencil with no erasor during a test, stepping on a tack, animals stuck in honey- anything like that.  Yes, I was able to think outside the immediate box.  When you hear "sticky", most people think a fluid or something that is adhesive, but this project was trying to get you to focus on a more wide range of options.  Or so I thought.  Who knows.  I put repetition and pattern in the picture by having a striped wallpaper in the background, stairs, and railings.  Repeating, sort of.  It was a little annoying to shade the railings.  I kept messing up on them, and it'll still never be perfect, but I tried.  Using tape to reinforce the lines was a good idea.  I chose paint.  Acrylic paint?  Yeah, I'm just going to call it paint.  I preferred using it as well because I could layer things without the previous layer being too visible- unlike watercolor.  Haha.  I layered a lot and the amount of paint caked onto my canvas is probably an inch wide.  Bet you could crack it off and get a panel of just paint.  (not really).  Mini lessons?  We had those?  Well, my dad told me that holding the paintbrush near the bottom gave you the most control, but I already knew that.  I don't really remember doing any mini lessons.  This project was pretty interesting and fun to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment